Home Buying Process
Much like selling a home, buying a home involves many moving parts and buyers can get overwhelmed very quickly. Using a dedicated Real Estate agent will help you in many ways. For starters it will decrease your stress level, help you find the perfect home and eliminate the possibility of any mistakes. Keep in mind each step below involves multiple steps.
- Meeting – to discuss what you are looking for and what you are not looking for.
- Get Pre-Approved for a mortgage.
- Location – Where you want to live.
- Network with agent’s who may have off market homes. This can help reduce the competitiveness.
- Begin your home search.
- Visit homes in person or virtually.
- Decide on which home to make an offer on.
- Follow up with other agents to learn about other offers.
- Make an offer.
- Contract Accepted & Ratified.
- Collect EMD (Earnest Money Deposit).
- Schedule Home Inspection.
- Order Appraisal.
- Apply for your mortgage.
- Schedule Settlement / Closing.
- Get Homeowners Insurance
- Final Walk Through – Day before or Morning of closing.
- Closing with Attorney and pick up your keys.